Friday, September 11, 2009

Gone Fishin'

On Fridays I visit a friend at work for lunch. While waiting on them today I picked up the Crossroads Journal that is distributed to surrounding towns and areas of Greensboro. As I thumbed through the pages, typical stories concerning medicine, festivals and God appeared throughout. I made my way through the entire journal and something caught my eye; a record setting large mouth bass displayed by its angler, a woman who caught the fish in Japan. While reading through the article, the story emerged typical of any fisher[wo]man. "I wasn't lookin' to set a record, it just found me," she said. Below the photo of the record fish was a section titled "Fishing & the Opposite Sex." I read on. Here are some of the quotes listed about the "opposite sex."





"A wife and a steady job have ruined many a good fisherman." - anonymous


"Women want me - Fish fear me." - as seen on a t-shirt


"An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around the muddy banks of a river doing nothing, because his wife won't let him do it at home." - anonymous





AND my personal favorite...





"I live with fear every day, but sometimes she let's me go fishing." - anonymous


Women aren't just the other now, they are "the opposite sex."

1 comment:

  1. I so need to add these quotes to my collection - The fact that this reporter would think it appropriate to include them is crazy-making!

    ReplyDelete